The resource centers, advising units, and affinity groups that comprise the Dean of Students Office focus on identity development, student support, and advocacy, and create opportunities for students to explore the intersectionality of identity development.
As a unit in Student and Campus Life, we work to promote a cohesive campus community that brings people together across lines of difference and allows all students to benefit from the educational and cultural value of various identities.
In The News
Check out the recent Chronicle article—Leading by Example: Creating a more inclusive campus community for students—and learn more about the diversity and inclusion focus of the Dean of Students Office.
Learn more about the new hires in the Dean of Students Office:
- Love Odih Kumuyi, associate dean of students for peer-to-peer counseling and conflict resolution services
- Shakima Clency, associate dean of students for student empowerment and director of first-generation and low-income (FGLI) student support
- Kevin Graham, assistant director for undocumented/DACA student support
- Christopher Lujan, associate dean and director of the LGBT Resource Center
- Daniel Hoddinott, assistant director of the Cornell Asian and Asian American Center (A3C)