Soup & Hope
Over the past 10 years, over 50 speakers have touched, inspired, motivated, and stirred the hearts of those who gather during the winter months at Sage Chapel for this bi-weekly series. Stories have come from a wide range of Cornell staff, faculty, students, alumni, and community members. They are shared among friends and colleagues, over bowls of hot soup & bread. Read some Pawprint highlights from the series in years past.
2019 Speaker Series
January 17: Shirley Collado
January 31: Bill Alberta
February 14: Cal Walker
February 28: Imani Majied
March 14: Angela Winfield
March 28: Riché Richardson
Speaker photos and bios will be available here at the beginning of Spring Semester.
Future Speaker Nomination
If you have a suggestion for future speakers who could speak to the idea of hope by sharing a personal story or perspective, please email a member of the Planning Committee and tell us:
- The name of the person you'd like to recommend
- How this person is connected to the Cornell community
- Why you feel they have a great story to tell
- Your name, and how we may contact you to learn more
You may also print and share our nomination form (pdf) with friends and colleagues.
Please feel free to contact a member of the Planning Committee if you would like to discuss your suggested speaker idea before submitting it in writing.
Soup & Hope Planning Committee
- Dan McMullin, Chair—Cornell United Religious Work
- Jennifer Austin—Cornell Health
- Teri Baier—Office of Alumni Affairs
- Tracey Brant - Cornell Engineering, Kessler Fellows Program
- Karen M. Brigham—Cornell Health
- Kelly Chan —Academic Technologies
- Nancy Doolittle—University Relations
- Linda Falkson—University Ombudsman
- Linda Mikula—University Relations
- Doreen Silva—East Asia Program
- Karen Williams—Cornell Health
- Victor Younger—School of Hotel Administration, Cornell College of Business
Co-Sponsors and Supporters
Soup & Hope is sponsored by Cornell Dining, Cornell United Religious Work (CURW), and Cornell Health. Additional support comes from the Office of the Ombudsman, Engaged Learning + Research, Residential and New Student Programs, and University Relations.