The mission of the Cornell Women's Resource Center (WRC) is to foster a more vibrant campus community by supporting the full and active participation of women-identified students in both their personal and educational pursuits at Cornell. The WRC champions endeavors that support women's education, empowerment, and advancement at Cornell and beyond.

The WRC strives to be a welcoming space for people of all genders and identities. We especially encourage women of color, Black feminists/womanists, queer and trans folks, and people with disabilities to drop by, attend our programming, apply for co-sponsorships, and speak with us about your concerns. 

To stay apprised of upcoming events, please sign up for our newsletter!


News & Announcements

2017 Vagina Monologues tickets now on sale! 

The Cornell Women's Resource Center's 2017 production of The Vagina Monologues, directed by Mikayla Wilson and Mara Jacobs, features a large, diverse cast of women and gender-nonconforming Cornellians coming together to honor the place we all came from. Written by Eve Ensler from over 200 interviews, The Vagina Monologues is a celebration of the taboo, a clarion call to action on behalf of the world's exploited women, and hard evidence that feminists can be funny. 90 percent of proceeds from this year's production will be donated to The Advocacy Center of Tompkins County. The other 10 percent will go to Ensler's V-Day Foundation to support its continued global advocacy for women and girls.


Happy New Year! Welcome back!

We have a semester jam-packed with exciting programming ahead.  We'll be adding more details (and opening registration for several of these events) shortly, but add these save-the-dates to your planners now!

Saturday, January 28th, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm-- The second HPV vaccination walk-in clinic at Gannett Health Services is scheduled.  Stop by to get either your first, or next, vaccine in the series.  A great way to get a healthy start for the New Year!

Saturday, February 25th, at 8:00 pm—The Vagina Monologues at Bailey Hall.  Tickets on sale soon!

Thursday, March 2nd, at 6:00 pm—the President's Council of Cornell Women (PCCW) and WRC dinner.  Open to all students. Registration required.

Sunday, March 12th, at 12:00 pm—International Women's Day Celebration in the WSH Memorial Room.  Open to all students, staff, and faculty. Registration required.


Meet the WRC Executive Board, 2016-17

Learn more about the individuals on the WRC Board who are working on behalf of women's and gender issues this year!  Check out their bios here.


Recurring Events During the Academic Year

Hump Day: A Sexual Communication Discussion Series, Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00 pm. Willard Straight Hall International Lounge
Join us for a weekly lunch discussion about sexual communication at Cornell and beyond, hosted by the Cornell Women’s Resource Center and Jessie Bonney-Burrill, Public Health Fellow from the Skorton Center for Health Initiatives. Come enjoy a guided discussion about a different aspect of sexual communication each week. Open to graduate, professional, and undergraduate students. A light lunch will be provided.

Stay tuned for future topic announcements!


Feminism: Food for Thought, Thursdays at 6:00 pm. Flora Rose House Common Room
Feminism: Food for Thought is a weekly dinner at Flora Rose House where we engage in informal, open conversation about a specific feminist issue.

As always, like the Cornell Women's Resource Center on Facebook to stay up-to-date on all of our future events and programs!

We'd also like to alert you to some new guidelines we've established to best facilitate conversation with the large size of our dinners. If you'd like to obtain a free dining pass, please arrive before 6:15 pm. We will no longer hand out free tickets after 6:15 pm in order to avoid disruptions to the conversation. We'd also like to encourage participants with their own meal plan (particularly the West Campus unlimited meal plan) to swipe their cards rather than grab a ticket. The cost of each individual dinner comes out of the WRC's budget, so if you have a meal plan you can use, the savings will contribute towards the future of Feminism: Food for Thought.

If you have any questions about the new guidelines or about Feminism: Food for Thought in general, please feel free to reach out.


Generation Action (formerly Vox: Voices for Planned Parenthood), Mondays at 4:30 pm.
Generation Action works to promote safe sex, educate others, and fight for reproductive justice. Join the conversation every Monday at 4:30 pm in Goldwin Smith Hall room 142.