Welcome to Student Development Diversity Initiatives! Our mission is to support students in the development of their social and cultural identities, empower, educate and support students to carry out the work they are most passionate about, and strive towards equity for all students. We do that through carrying out events, supporting more than 150 student organizations, advising key programs and organizations, promoting peer to peer mentorship, and much more.
We are staffed Monday through Friday. Come see us soon – we look forward to meeting you!
SDDI-advised student organizations:
- The Latinx Ivy League Conference
- The Lending Library
- Building Ourselves through Sisterhood and Service Peer Mentorship Program -- (B.O.S.S. - #beBOSSy)
- Scholars Working Ambitiously to Graduate Men’s Mentorship Program (SWAG)
- ALANA Intercultural Board — umbrella organization for all race and ethnicity based organizations on campus, including Black Students United, Cornell Asian Pacific Islander Student Union, La Asociación Latina, The Minority Concert Finance Advisory Board, Native American Students at Cornell, and the South Asian Council – and over 150 more student organizations!
Some SDDI & SDDI organization programs from Fall '16 & Spring '17:
- SDDI Student Organization Fair – Fall welcome back!
- “What Does it Mean to be a Person of Color?” discussion
- Open Mic Nights
- Policy and Activism in Post-Election America
- B.O.S.S./President’s Council of Cornell Women Networking Events
- Dining with Diverse Minds with Cornell Minds Matter and ALANA
- B.O.S.S. Mental Health Summit
- SWAG Showcase & Women’s Appreciation
- Student Organization Event and Financial Management trainings/consultations/manuals
Additional opportunities: collaborative student/staff projects that meet SDDI’s mission and help you build professional skills